Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013!

Hey y'all, Kevin here.  Just sitting here awaiting my rice to finish for our Taco Salad, ["it's really just like Nachos right?" Direct quote from Brooke (insert a teasing wink here).]

I'm catching up on what all my friends are saying on Facebook and being New Year's Eve some are sad to see this year go, some can't wait to send it out with Roman candles.  I'm left with a feeling of excitement but also a feeling of numbness.  Maybe it's the fact that the DRASTIC Tennessee winter has left me feeling "exhausted" or maybe it's my own recap, but this year has been a period of growth but growth isn't ever easy.  This time last year we were still reeling from our news of infertility and 'where we do we go now?'  At years end we have selected Bethany as our agency for adoption and today we had our meeting with our "case worker", which seems crazy.

It's not an easy path we've chosen but it's one that we both agree will lead us to a fuller life. Thank you friends who have helped us in 2013 and now on to more awesome things for 2014.  Lots of love from the Maschmeier clan.  Happy New Year and we're praying lots of blessings for you all!
- Kevin

with a song recommendation from Brooke:
'What Would I Do Without You' - Drew Holcombe & the Neighbors

No comments:

Post a Comment